If you subscribe to an ad-free Facebook or Instagram in the EU, “Your ability to advertise and monetize with ads will be limited.”
From “Understand how subscribing to use Meta Products without ads limits your ability to advertise and monetize with ads”, if you subscribe the following are no longer available to you:
- Running ads and boosting posts for an Instagram account
- Running ads and boosting posts for your Facebook profile (for example, boosting your own Marketplace listings)
- Running ads for a Facebook Page, if the Page is linked to an Instagram account that has a subscription to use Meta Products without ads
- Participating in partnership ads on Instagram or Facebook
- Monetizing with Ads on Reels and In-stream ads
If you subscribe, you can still boost posts or run ads for a Page if the Facebook Page isn’t linked to an Instagram account that has a subscription to use Meta Products without ads.
This seems to be primarily focused on Instagram since you don’t create a personal Instagram account to manage a business Instagram page. If you subscribe to an ad-free Instagram, you can’t run ads to that Instagram account or to the linked Facebook page.
Facebook profiles and pages are slightly different. You can’t subscribe from your Facebook profile and run ads to promote your personal products on Marketplace. But it appears you can subscribe using your Facebook profile and continue to run ads for businesses that you manage.
Maybe just don’t subscribe to an ad-free Facebook or Instagram if you’re an advertiser, though. You know?