Each Sunday, I will share an inspiring blog post that I read during the past week.One of my favorite bloggers is Marcus Sheridan, AKA The Sales Lion. Professionally, the guy is a marketing genius and I learn something new each time I read his blog. Personally, he’s just a good dude, and I appreciate how he injects aspects of his life that I can relate to (like fatherhood and a work-life balance).
I love how transparent Marcus is. He has no secrets. He wants you to learn from his mistakes as well as get a peek behind the curtain to understand how he found success.His blog post this week (5 Powerful Design Elements that will Transform Your Blog into a REAL Business) was a great example of that. He detailed his recent site redesign, mapping out what exactly he did and why. I learned quite a bit from it and plan to implement some of what he shared on my own site.
The five design elements he suggests are the following:
- The YOU Statement: Who you are, what you do and your vision should be clear!
- Funnel Marketing and Opt In Boxes: Your homepage should focus on what’s important
- Utilize Video and the Power of Personal: Tell your story in a prominent video
- More Social Proof: Let happy customers convince readers to subscribe or buy
- The Power of the Post Footer Opt-In: After a post, readers are ready to take action!
I won’t retell his blog post. Go ahead and read it here. It’s terrific!