Eric and Emily Holterman came to be with a problem: They had recently purchased a 1,008 square foot condo in the mountains of Silverthorne, Colorado, and they wanted to promote its availability as a rental.
I love finding solutions to problems, and this was a fun one. I did the following for them:
Created a Website
Using the Vacation Rental WordPress theme by Templatic, I built OurSummitCountyCondo.com. I created a mountain background and logo for them and also made some tweaks to improve the design.
The website includes:
- Availability Calendar that shows when the rental is open and booked
- Ability to book through the site (Eric and Emily have chosen to keep this inactive for now)
- Property Description and Rates
- Tour of the Property
- Contact Form
- Instructions on how to get to the property, including an embedded map
- Social integration: not only share buttons, but prompts to check in on Facebook and Foursquare and become a fan on Facebook
I wanted to create a basic Facebook page for their condo. You can find the page here. Features of the page include:
- Tour of the Property made with iFrames
- Banner created with images taken from the property
- All necessary info including details of the property, website, email contact, etc.
I also wanted to make sure that the Facebook page was linked to a Facebook place so that renters can “check in” and tell their friends that they are at Our Summit County Condo. They are also set up on Foursquare. Eric and Emily will then put up signage at the rental to remind people to check in, thus driving new eyes to the Facebook page and — hopefully — new renters.
This was a simple problem, but one that required a comprehensive strategy. I wanted to do more than just create a website with a few photos and details about how much it costs. Everyone does that. I wanted this to stand out. So we added the availability calendar, ability to book a stay, cool image tour and integration with Facebook and location based services to tie it all together.
Want Your Own?
Whether you want a rental site like Eric and Emily’s or something completely different, I can help you think through your goals to put together an integrated digital strategy. Let’s Talk!3